[governance] Alt Root Foundation - New TLD's

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Fri Nov 30 15:34:47 EST 2012

David,

further analysis of Karl's scheme proved fatal.

Once any alt-root would really get into significant action, a new layer of coordination, the root-of-all-roots, would emerge, whether by design or de facto. You or rather Karl would be back to square one but on a much feebler basis, retroactively trying to hammer agreements on how to run it to avoid the fatal conflicts and inconsistencies you correctly point to.

BTW you don't have to be the master of the big-data universe to understand the problem of consistency in databases when you have multiple copies of the database that can be independently modified. Most members of this list must have two devices (maybe a computer and a mobile telephone) with their phone/email directories, and may be witnesses to the headaches and other pains even in that modest scale.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

! !! !!! !!!!
NEW PHONE NUMBER - NUEVO NÚMERO DE TELÉFONO

+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO

SMS +525541444475
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM, Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org