[governance] New report makes clear upcoming WCIT proposals could conflict with WTO Members' obligations

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Fri Nov 30 00:16:03 EST 2012

In this context it is important because non-compliance, as we know, can result in a DSU action. The WTO agreements are enforceable; the ITRs are not. Keeping the Internet out of the ITRs is a good way to ensure that WTO Members who are also adhering to the ITRs don't inadvertently create a non-compliance problem for themselves.