[governance] 2013 Preparations for MAG

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Sun Nov 25 09:21:59 EST 2012

On 11/25/2012 8:41 PM, Fouad Bajwa wrote:
> Though this is not the core of the discussion but still visa remains a
> challenge
[snip]

Living in Cambodia (though with a German passport) I know the situation
well, when Cambodian friends plan to travel abroad.

Of course the attitude of local embassy staff can make a positive or
negative difference, but the MAIN problem is that the organizers of
conferences do not see the problem, or do not act on it VERY EARLY and
AT THE TOP.

There may be cases where - in spite of all steps take - some individual
cases may have run into problems. But whenever the organizer of a
conference has very early negotiated the procedure to issue visas to
conference participants, and the relevant information was shared in a
timely manner, and the travelers have properly responded to such
information, most people, or the vast majority, received their visas -
as far as I know.

I really think the problem and the solution rests with the organizers'
actions or lack thereof.

Norbert Klein