[governance] Indian Express on privacy

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sat Nov 24 07:56:20 EST 2012

So Fahd, it is a good thing your packets don't go past china or Saudi Arabia say. If you live in those countries, well, your packets pass through a "great firewall" before they reach fb or twitter.  Both of which, I might add, are available over https.

You might look up the due process of law for lawful intercept, which is quite useful to have around if only for the fact that criminals too are enthusiastic users of the Internet and early adopters of a lot of technology that its creators intended to help civil society communicate securely under a repressive regime.

--srs (iPad)