[governance] Social Media Surveillance OK'd by DHS 'Privacy Office'

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 00:37:19 EST 2012

Except for the hullabaloo that follows developing countries 'censorship'
and 'abuse of the internet', I would be inclined to unequivocally agree
with you...

And it is rather trite to argue that 'stoking fears' is sufficient to
dismiss the point of the article. The point is how are public resources
used in the 'marketplace of ideas' (to use Justice Black's parlance), in
the face of rising use of foodstamps, fiscal cliffs, unemployment etc...
makes the European idea of the 'right to be forgotten' look rather
appealing methinks...