[governance] FW: [MobileActive Discuss] Why Cell Phones Went Dead After Hurricane Sandy- Bloomberg

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 10:18:37 EST 2012

Why?

The discussions around the WCIT/are overrun with precisely those kinds of
generalizations.

But it is a serious question, if we believe that there is a global public
interest (in the Internet) who do we trust to best represent that public
interest (IBM, Google, the USG?) and within what (global) framework will
that representation best take place (the market place, the US State
Department, Google, the IGF?). (Unfortunately, I don't see CS as
sufficiently strong or as sufficiently independent to even mention it in
this context.)