[governance] IGF2012, Remote Connection

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 06:38:53 EST 2012

Hi all,

I was logged into Room #10 remotely, webex but there was no other attendee.
The webex Schedule (as on 6th and 7th) has single first day pre-meeting of 5th Nov but after refreshing promt appear for login and after login it connected me Room #  7th Nov meeting.

I keep trying to obtain response from Moderator (Ms Nina), but could not established interactive response, and I do not know that have she read my text input or not. I think Moderator was too busy in the meeting physically and given zero importance to single Remote Participant. So, RP was useless.

Regards

Imran
(for IGFPAK)

>________________________________

 Vansnick
>------------------ Internet Society Belgium  ---------------------
>President - CEO                             Tel +32/(0)9/329.39.16
>rudi.vansnick at isoc.be            Mobile +32/(0)475/28.16.32
>Dendermondesteenweg 143            B-9070 Destelbergen
>www.internetsociety.be         "The Internet is for everyone"
>
>Op 8-nov-2012, om 04:29 heeft Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond het volgende geschreven:
>
>> I suppose rp has probably been flooded with enquiries.
>> Since the beginning of the week, I saw Bernard run around trying to fix
>> things.
>> The remote participation computers running Webex are all wired in and
>> appear to work well but the network sometimes goes through
 some periods
>> of being very slow. This is when the WIFI works and guess what, the WIFI
>> does not work well at all. In fact, I have spent complete afternoons
>> without WIFI. (not enough IPv4 addresses to allocate -- and no IPv6
>> connectivity at all in case you ask)
>>
>> Whilst so far, I have been super impressed with the host country, this
>> is, in my opinion, the poorest Internet connectivity we've had at the
>> venue in recent IGFs. <sigh>
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Olivier

 leading to a dead end.
>>> Have you tried contacting
>>>
>>> "Remote Participation general help" <rp at intgovforum.org>
>>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> Do they respond?
>>>
>>> If yes, what are they saying?
>>>
>>> If no, let us know, so that we can push locally for those help email
>>> addresses to be handled in a meaningful way.
>>>
>>> In the long run, what we need is funding to put a competent person in
>>> charge of ensuring in an ongoing manner (year after year) that IGF
>>> remote participation is made available in a way that can be expected
>>> to work (which presupposes learning from what went wrong in earlier
>>> years, and it presupposes serious
 testing well before the first day of