[governance] Barack Obama Victory Tweet Most Retweeted Ever

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Nov 8 03:41:40 EST 2012

Sure. Please remember, that's the internet. As is, for example, facebook
forwards of icanhazcheezburger memes.

Internet governance on the other hand is rather more specific.

Please see the examples below for example. I'd love to be corrected

Is it egovernance (automation of government policy and procedure to
introduce ICT into it)?  Not exactly, that's an entirelly separate
disclipine

Is it a discussion of internet memes, trends etc (or of general politics or
other news that just happens to take place on the internet)? While that's a
massive use case for the internet, and an excellent reason to keep the
internet open, it is not internet governance.

Is it a discussion on the key mechanisms through which internet related
coordination takes place, and internet resources (IP addresses and domains)
are allocated?  Yes. Definitely

Is it a discussion on the application of public policy and national /
international law and its enforcement in an internet context? Yes.
Definitely

Fahd A. Batayneh [08/11/12 09:37 +0200]: