[governance] Re: Censorship of postcards at the IGF

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Nov 6 01:39:46 EST 2012

So here is the official line.  Questions that this opens up:

1. If the issue was with "random placement" of the postcards, it should be fine to distribute the postcards from any booth that is willing to host them within the IGF Village.  So, can we test that hypothesis?  Donny, can you try that and see what happens?

2. One of the postcards had a specific reference to a country?  There is none that I could see, but maybe it is on the reverse side?

3. Like last time, the official rationalisation seems to differ from what the individual concerned was told at the time.  This in itself is a problem - they are making up the rules as they go along.

I have edited the document on the pad at http://igcaucus.org:9001/p/un-censorship-statement.  I think we have enough information now to finalise the statement soon and start gathering support and disseminating it.

Do we have any press contacts on this list who could attend the IGF official press conference and raise this matter?

Begin forwarded message:

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Your rights, our mission – download CI's Strategy 2015: http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.