[governance] Update from the Pacific

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 08:33:21 EST 2012

Dear All,

I wish you well in the course of your discussions, dialogue in what is
possibly the most interesting junction in Internet Governance. I am excited
to see the diverse workshops and people being activated from within the IGC
and beyond. I am also encouraged to see the likes of the Ministers who are
giving the opportunity for continued dialogue and it signals to me the
desire to listen and hear which is always a good sign.

The future of Internet Governance is no doubt a challenging one. In all my
participation, it has often pained me to see the lack of participation from
my side of the world particularly from the Pacific. My time and energy is
being consumed in designing a sustainable model that will encourage and
provide empowerment for the Pacific in preparation greater policy
immersion, participation and involvement. We are organising a Youth Tech
Camp in Fiji, see: http://youthtechcamp.brightpathfoundation.org/
for the Pacific youth (15 years to 35 years).

I will be streaming into the IGF and participating in 3 workshops, one with
the RIRs on Critical Internet Resources (Transitioning to IPv6), the other
one on Small Island Development States and their Issues and thirdly the
Commonwealth Cyber Crime session organised by Lara Pace.

I wish you all well.

With every best wish,

--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala