[governance] USG open Internet advisory committee

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 09:48:04 EDT 2012

No, I do not need,
However, as per thread discussion about multi-stakeholder representation in the advisory committee on Open Internet, there are could be different types of the stakeholder.
1.Who demand "Open Internet" being a User (to advocate their case),
2.Who can facilitate the "Open Internet".
3.Who needs Restricted/Filtered/Controlled type if Internet instead of "Open Internet"
So, where the ICANN will be, my point was that ICANN is not the facilitator for "Open Internet".

I believe that Term of "Open Internet" is not limited to just Access Right (as per FCC definition) as an Internet Browser Users or/and not limited to the Right of Expression on the Internet, or just not about the traffic that flows through networks....
.. its beyond this,
.. it is to be implemented (or it should be implemented) on the Core Internet.

..... has received about US$350 million in fees for applications from 2,305 potential applications for TLDs, how we say it is "Open Internet".
 Thanks

Imran Ahmed Shah