[governance] RE: IGF Establishment

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at eff.org
Wed May 30 13:20:15 EDT 2012

comments below

On 5/30/12 12:57 PM, Anriette Esterhuysen wrote:

>> >  Rushing to Parminder's defense, as I always do;-), I suspect that he
>> >  means what I call the IGF "doves;" i.e., the US, Australia, UK,
>> >  Canada, western telecom interests, ISOC, ICANN people in IGF who
>> >  wanted the IGF to be a conference and not a place for negotiating or
>> >  agreeing upon actual governance. Those folks had a pretty firm grip
>> >  on the first MAG, if you'll recall. And the US, EC (I think) and
>> >  Australia spoke out directly in one of the early consultations trying
>> >  to separate IGF from EC.

FYI: This MAG composition keeps most of the first MAG generation in
their position as MAG Member. The  rotation of old-MAG members in this
latest election targeted mostly later MAG generations rather than the
first one. No news here just a reminder.

--
Katitza Rodriguez
International Rights Director
katitza at eff.org
katitza at datos-personales.org (personal email)

Please support EFF - Working to protect your digital rights and freedom of speech since 1990