[governance] IGF and Enhanced Cooperation

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Tue May 29 10:39:55 EDT 2012

On 29 May 2012, at 08:25, Izumi AIZU wrote:

> But as Bill puts, I just am not sure how we can organize one under the official program since proposals are all sort of closed by now.

Until the MAG puts out its final program, I think the program is open for MAG to discuss and improve it.

> Maybe one possible way is to use the one IGC submitted and accepted on the theme of IGF improvement,  or "#85 Quo vadis IGF- evolution of IGF" .

this certainly does seem like a good topic to ad to the quo vadis topic list.

"
will examine the substance of the CSTD WG Report and share different views by different actors on the IGF improvements and their implementations. It will discuss the following major issues: Shaping the Outcome of IGF Meetings, Working Modalities, and Funding among others.
"

Certainly fits in with "among others"

Especially if the pre-event occurs and has any 'outcome recommendations, thought, messages, gleanings ...' to report.

> Yet that requires the consensus of all co-sponsors. That may be difficult and may not be the best way forward as mixing IGF improvement and EC. What do you guys think? If agree, I can ask them.

I support IGC as one of the sponsors, asking the other sponsors about  the addition of this specifically to the agenda.

> This is designated as Feeder Workshop, so summary of the discussion will be transmitted to
> the Main session on Taking Stock and the Way Forward.

I like the fact that it is a feeder and can feed into the main session.

I think that is we have any goal of getting the IGF to actually discuss EC (despite the various levels of  TA hermeneutics) and maybe make some useful recommendations on moving forward with it, this is an opportunity that should not be missed.

avri