[governance] US hearing on International Proposals to Regulate the Internet

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon May 28 11:37:41 EDT 2012

I was at the Google Internet at Liberty conference in Washington DC last week, which had a surprising number of international participants.
ITU and WCIT was a major topic there, including a debate with an ITU rep.
The discussions there prompted me to write this analysis:
http://www.internetgovernance.org/2012/05/24/threat-analysis-of-itus-wcit-part-1-historical-context/

The US hearing would be of course about WCIT, not ICANN and DNS, IP addresses. As you can tell from my blog post, I find it a bit difficult to understand the level of mobilization going on here.