[governance] IGF and Enhanced Cooperation

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Mon May 28 09:35:30 EDT 2012

>Agree completely with this logical sequential interpretation by Avri.

I agree with the logic, but as mentioned, don't
think the document was drafted with that in mind,
those last hours were a mess and this was the
text that was being worked on.  But I wasn't the
only one on the room and my memory is terrible!

I read 71 and 72 as separate.  If they'd intended
to be linked there would be text saying so, there
would be some connecting language
(furthermore...), and the mandate of the IGF
would include a reference to enhanced
cooperation.  The mandate's very clear, a to l.
Wish I could remember if this was discussed in
Tunis.

And also Nitin decided it for us.  Both
paragraphs ask the secretary general to do
something, Nitin as the special advisor for
Internet governance said separate and I guess
that's him speaking for the SG.  So if they are
to be linked now it would be the SG or his proxy
that does it.

Adam