[governance] Vint Cerf OpEd in the New York Times: "Keep the Internet Open"

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Fri May 25 01:43:10 EDT 2012

On 25/05/12 13:36, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:
> Dear friends and colleagues,
>
> I thought you would appreciate knowing that an OpEd by Vint Cerf as
> above titled was printed today in the New York Times (and I believe
> the IHT).
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/opinion/keep-the-internet-open.html?_r=1

Odd that Vint doesn't even offer a response to the concerns, that he
acknowledges, of "the outsized role they perceive that the United States
plays in the direction and development of Internet policy [and that] the
status quo favors the interests of large, global Internet companies."
Does he think that these concerns don't even merit comment?

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer*

Follow @ConsumersInt <http://twitter.com/Consumers_Int>