[governance] our workshop proposal assessment results

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed May 23 10:49:48 EDT 2012

Dear list,

Last week, MAG made the evaluation of the all workshop proposals.
CS IGC's proposal, #85. " Quo Vadis IGF – or Evolution of IGF" was rated
as "green", top category with average marks above 12.0. which means
it is now accepted. It was also designated as "Feeder workshop" together
with another proposal, only two for "Taking Stock and Way Forward" designated.

(See: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/w2012/proposals)

More than 120 proposals were graded and 32 got "green",
Though ours was bottom of the green on par with some 6 proposals.
The highest was 13.9 and lowest in the green, or ours, 12.0. Not bad at all.

Yellow is above 8.0 to 11.9 (need improvements to be accepted) and there
are some 80 plus. Red is basicaly "out",m which are below 8, lowest 5.5,
and are rejected unless very significant improvements are made.

I have received the attached email from the IGF secretariat, which asks
to take care of the followings.

2. Geographical diversity
3. Include members of the CSTD WG on IGF
4. Broader stakeholders diversity
5. Include regional perspective
6. Should involve youth
7. Gender-balance

And more details are asked, such as complete the Speakers list and
provide agenda, send background paper. Please see below for more info.

Any further comments and suggestions are very much welcome.

best,

izumi