FW: [governance] Twitter officially shutdown to Internet users in Pakistan

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:21:58 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Andrea Glorioso
<andrea at digitalpolicy.it> wrote:
> Dear McTim,
>
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:56 PM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is this caucus ready to accept "multilateralism" in IG?
>>
>> If so, I'm out!
>

> It is interesting you put the word "multilateralism" in quotes. Is this
> because you feel there isn't a broadly accepted (a "rough consensus"? :)
> notion of what "multilateralism" actually means, or because you feel that
> multilateralism it is per se incompatible with multi-stakeholderism

neither.  I put it in quotes to point out that it was the only thing
on offer in this context.

I don't think IG should be multilateral at all.  I don't think the
CSIGC should roll over and play dead on this point.

If we do, then the IGC is no longer useful IMHO.

--
Cheers,

McTim