[governance] Enhanced Cooperation (was Re: reality check on economics)

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed May 23 06:25:10 EDT 2012

In message
<CAOLD2+a4f5S8s6hyh0O-iMgMocXDxTWJU8MEZH_O56S4qkJ0Jg at mail.gmail.com>, at
10:13:34 on Wed, 23 May 2012, Andrea Glorioso <andrea at digitalpolicy.it>
writes
>I do not want to infer too much from written exchanges - emails are a
>notorious difficult medium for this kind of exchanges

Which is why I have some reservations about policy making forums whose
mantra is "anyone can join the mailing list". And why I spend a lot of
my time trying to get people to participate *in person*, and wherever
possible turn up in person myself.

In other words, I don't think teleworking is the answer to everything.
Something which can often be taken as heresy in an industry which
facilitates that very teleworking.

Just so there's no confusion, teleworking can be a very good way to
enable small groups of people who are already very familiar with each
other and remote participation (as an observer) is better than nothing,
but we are very long way from remote public *input* to these various
forums being any more than lip service.
--
Roland Perry