[governance] Twitter officially shutdown to Internet users in Pakistan

Andrea Glorioso andrea at digitalpolicy.it
Sun May 20 11:38:16 EDT 2012

Dear Bill, dear all,

Speaking on a purely personal basis and without referring specifically to
the CIRP proposal (which, to my understanding, was not and is not meant as
a legislative instrument) what would be the effect of an agreement
stipulating (a) certain basic conditions that must be met by service
providers in a jurisdiction, (b) that signatories could not block services
except outside clearly defined and circumscribed circumstances?

This is not that different from the EU "single market" approach and it has
not worked so bad for us - if you compare it to the previous situatuon and
certainly not for lack of protectionist tendencies by EU Member States.

Best,

Andrea