[governance] RE: G 8

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Sun May 20 08:59:45 EDT 2012

Thanks Wolfgang for deconstructing the 2012 G8 summit declaration.

Don't recall if this was discussed on the list when it came out....but now the phraseology 'open Internet' is not just the official FCC way for speaking of that which in the past some (mis- ; )characterized as 'net neutrality' - it's official White House policy too.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/05/02/ensuring-open-internet

So a hunch/prediction for 2013 is we see that phrase in the next G8 declaration....depending on presidential politics and other factors, of course.

Lee