[governance] May consultation: IGC input

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Tue May 1 14:02:38 EDT 2012

Hi Adam and all,

Regarding Remote participation, I believe it is important to raise three
main topics that need to be organized early: a) technical resources on the
ground (infrastructure, human resources); b) training for moderators and
for remote speakers (workshop organizers need call the attention of the
Secretariat if they plan to have remote speakers); c) call for hub
registration and support to hub organizers.

Bernard Sadaka from the Remote Participation Working Group has been
assisting the secretariat with the technical aspects and he will be in
Geneva for the OC and the MAG, I suggest that we contact him. Vladimir also
has lot of experience with RP in EuroDIG and it will be excellent if he
could help mainstream it in MAG.

Of course, the main points can be put on a concise input, but I also think
we should always refer to the CSTD report on improvements. That recognizes
the importance of the document and many of the points to be improved in RP
are encompassed there.

Marília

Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade
FGV Direito Rio