[governance] FW: <nettime> Company claims ownership of 482 new gTLDs

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:41:00 EDT 2012

This is interesting. The first come first serve implicit rule of IPRs
was done away with by conflating trademarks with domain names and
creating the notion of cyber-squating... this is the wild west of terra
nullius... anything can happen, but most likely 'might is right'...
signing away rights to ICANN to apply?