[governance] FW: @The Internet Blueprint: The Internet Platform for Innovation Act :-)

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 17:04:17 EST 2012

This below is one of several efforts to pro-actively define an appropriate
legislative environment for the Internet in the US.

Given current initiatives parallel to SOPA/PIPA in Canada and in many
countries around the world and the controversy concerning the upcoming
WCIT/ITU www.itu.int/council/groups/cwg-wcit12 meeting in December those
with an interest in these developments should be paying close attention
including to the note (and links below).

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any broad global civil society
framework for information exchange or coalition building in this area to
match the various focused private sector led activities (SOPA/PIPA) or
internet restricting governmental initiatives as some are fearing might come
out of the WCIT.