[governance] Re: [cir] [igf_members] IGF 2012 - CIR?

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sat Mar 3 04:30:38 EST 2012

Hi Tulika

 There is a MAG + working group that is actively debating the topics and questions for the CIR session.  Jennifer Warren of Lockheed Corp, Is the facilitator. The discussion unfortunately has fallen short of being consensual, with Avri and I arguing for inclusion of the WCIT and other geopolitical topics like enhanced cooperation, contentious string selection, and jurisdiction and extraterritoriality (SOPA, ICE, etc) we think are likely to be of broad interest in November, while business folks have been less receptive to these matters and are plumping instead for more narrow gauge and technical topics like Internet of Things, IPv6 (again!), migration of resources to IP nets, and spectrum/mobile. I don't know Where this end up, but my hope is that we can arrive at a balanced compromise on four topics that gives each side a bit of what it wants,  the government reps on the list have been silent, and it would be helpful to hear their thoughts either way.  Since you are not on the (still active) 2011 MAG I don't know if you can join, but you might try,  otherwise I'd be happy to pass along any statements from you as inputs.

Best

Bill