[governance] China's remarks to the HRC panel on freedom of expression and the Internet

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 14:57:02 EST 2012

I agree wholeheartedly with you Paul which is why I personally liked the
first consolidated draft better because I felt that you nailed it.

I agree that it is the abuse of the "exceptions" that is worrying. I live
in a country where in the absence of a parliament since the 2006 Coup
D'Etat, there were a series of Decrees of State of Emergency was
promulgated and constantly renewed whilst constantly justifying Freedom of
Expression etc.

Article 19 of the ICCPR is being misinterpreted that people very
conveniently choose to omit the preamble which contains the spirit and
culture within which Article 19 was meant to be read.

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala

Tweeter: @SalanietaT
Skype:Salanieta.Tamanikaiwaimaro
Cell: +679 998 2851