[governance] Transparency over oversight function

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Jun 25 14:19:15 EDT 2012

John,

On Jun 25, 2012, at 1:56 AM, John Curran wrote:
> Are communications with respect to the IANA contract (i.e. ICANN <-> NTIA) public?  For example, if NTIA were to not approve of a change, the result of that may or may not be noticed, but would it be clear that it did not occur
> because of USG decision?

With the proviso that things might (probably) have changed since I left IANA, the day-to-day communications are not. However, I believe timing information about each step of the process is provided to the requester upon completion so where hold ups occur can be clearly determined and those unhappy with the delays can raise a ruckus targeted at the correct party.

Regards,
-drc