[governance] 48 hours to deadline to nominate/volunteer for Appeals Team

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 10:59:03 EDT 2012

Dear Thomas and everyone,
I have already submitted some nominations to the NomCom for the appeals
team.
I think most, probably all of us believe in checks and balances, and the
appeals team seems to me to be just that for the IGC.
I didn't volunteer because I felt like something of a newcomer, but I
realise that I was at the face-to-face meeting in Hyderabad in 2008, so
really I've been around for quite a long time.
And besides this sounds like a desperate case :-)
And there is a good chance that the appeals team will never have to do
anything anyway.
So I volunteer, and I hope that between today and tomorrow lots of other
people will too.
Best wishes and good luck to the NomCom
Deirdre

On 22 June 2012 21:17, Thomas Lowenhaupt <toml at communisphere.com> wrote:

>  IGC Members,
>
> We have several nominees/volunteers for the Appeals Team, but we've not
> confirmed that all the nominees are willing to serve. So the NomCom would
> like to make a final request that some more of you to step forward. See
> below for details on the duties of the Appeals Team.
>
> Sunday night is the deadline.
>
> Sincerely,
>
>  Thomas Lowenhaupt (non-voting chair),
> on behalf of the NomCom members:
>
>    - Asif Kabani <kabani.asif at gmail.com> <kabani.asif at gmail.com>
>    - Hakikur Rahman <email at hakik.org> <email at hakik.org>
>    - Naveed haq <naveedpta at hotmail.com> <naveedpta at hotmail.com>
>    - Shahid Akbar <shahid.akbar at biid.org.bd> <shahid.akbar at biid.org.bd>
>    - Wilson Abigaba <abigabaw at gmail.com> <abigabaw at gmail.com>
>    - with a copy to the non-voting chair Thomas Lowenhaupt
>    <TOML at communisphere.com> <TOML at communisphere.com>
>

> -------- Original Message --------  Subject: Emperor Izumi and Queen Sala
> Reach Accord With ITU  Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 02:29:52 -0400  From: Thomas
> Lowenhaupt <toml at communisphere.com> <toml at communisphere.com>  To: governance
> list IG Caucus <governance at lists.igcaucus.org><governance at lists.igcaucus.org>
>
> OK, the *S*ubject: is a too obvious joke considering the quality of
> performance by our hard working and esteemed co-chairs. But on behalf of
> the Appeals Team nominating Committee, I'm compelled to note: we're past
> the half-way mark for submitting nominations for the IGC's Appeals Team, *and
> not one name has been submitted!*
>
> The important and engaging discussions on topics relating to the
> Internet's future provide a better excuses for the paucity of nominees than
> the traditional "the dog ate my paper." But the deadline for nominations is
> approaching - next Sunday, June 24, see details below - and we have a
> responsibility to have an Appeals Team.
>
> See the duties and qualification details below, and send nominations to
> the Appeals Team members:
>
>    - Asif Kabani <kabani.asif at gmail.com> <kabani.asif at gmail.com>
>    - Hakikur Rahman <email at hakik.org> <email at hakik.org>
>    - Naveed haq <naveedpta at hotmail.com> <naveedpta at hotmail.com>
>    - Shahid Akbar <shahid.akbar at biid.org.bd> <shahid.akbar at biid.org.bd>
>    - Wilson Abigaba <abigabaw at gmail.com> <abigabaw at gmail.com>
>    - with a copy to the non-voting chair Thomas Lowenhaupt
>    <TOML at communisphere.com> <TOML at communisphere.com>
>
> Best,
>
> Tom Lowenhaupt
>

> *As sent on May 24...*
>
> Fellow Members of the IGF,
>
> With “Governance” a key word in our Civil Society Internet Governance
> Caucus, the selection of an Appeals Team is an important part of our
> responsibilities. This email begins the process of creating a new Appeals
> Team. As per the IGC Charter <http://www.igcaucus.org/charter>, the role
> [...]

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979