[governance] ECTF (was Re: Chinese preparing for...)

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Wed Jun 20 07:39:49 EDT 2012

Norbert,

So far so good, you got a yes from me too.

Since noone else can make sense of enhanced cooperation, we might as well give it a go.

I won't belabor the points re US domestic regulatory proceedings and their - relative degree of openness; and the coincidence that it is global big business that pays greatest attention.  For a process at the global level, or processes that cross levels, of course different requirements come into play. But my point remains that when a resource-allocation process is underway, having some standard of 'fair and open' by which that process can be measured. Then folks unhappy with the results - I agree with you analysis of the Bulgarian case in point - have recourse.

Anyway, you got an ID to write, so don't want to distract you.

best,

Lee