[governance] "Oversight"

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Mon Jun 18 07:31:41 EDT 2012

Hi Andrea

On Jun 18, 2012, at 12:52 PM, Andrea Glorioso wrote:

> Thanks Bill.
>
> I'm not sure why you are "mixing" the discussion on trademarks with
> the one on competition/antitrust, as generally speaking they are two
> separate issues. I provided the exchange of letters just as a
> (hopefully useful) reference.

Sure, thanks.  I just thought they both spoke to the same point about GAC advice, the relative autonomy of the board, and the benefits of a model in which the ultimate 'oversight' decision making authority is not necessarily vested in governments, which from time to time actually don't make optimal decisions.  Plus, I just really like the EC quotes in the trademark exchange ;-)

See you tomorrow in parliament,

BD