[governance] "Oversight"

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Mon Jun 18 03:39:00 EDT 2012

Hi

Maybe I'm misunderstanding Avri's account of their satisfaction level.  My recollection that the USG and EC both provided paper saying the competition implications hadn't been worked through satisfactorily and the existing VI prohibitions should be maintained. They and the UK made the same arguments at the famous GAC/Board meeting in Singapore (where the EC rep deftly suggested, with respect to trademarks, that it was a 'discussion between the deaf and the stupid'…?)

Not saying I disagree with the board's decision, but simply that the GAC wasn't overjoyed.  Actually, the board's disagreement was a good affirmation of the model…

Bill