[governance] Ethiopia criminalises the use of VOIP

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sat Jun 16 07:02:39 EDT 2012

Hi

Thanks, this is very interesting.  FT is also an important player in ITU and in ETNO, which as you may know is calling within the WCIT negotiations for the International Telecom Regulations to cover IP interconnection, and for all Operating Agencies (not just Administrations) to negotiate commercial agreements based on fair compensation and adequate return on investment for their telecommunications services, including sending party pays.

Of course we can't jump to conclusions about what was advised by whom, but sometimes data points cluster in ways that, at a minimum, are interesting….

Best,

Bill