[governance] BBC: May setting out plans to monitor internet use in UK

Sonigitu Ekpe sonigituekpe at crossriverstate.gov.ng
Fri Jun 15 02:40:44 EDT 2012

Dear All,

I do have great concern about the freedom and openness of the Internet in
all countries.

The Internet birth was to reunite all mankind. The biggest challenge is how
to go about these?

What we work for all?

Sonigitu

On 14 Jun 2012 21:29, "Fouad Bajwa" <fouadbajwa at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Olivier,

This is happening almost everywhere in some form.

There is DPI being done in my region for quite some time now. In the
US, they have data centres built to store huge amounts of such
information for years.

Many would twist this information in directions of IG etc but this is
something that is pragmatically happening and is a law related issue.
I think they do a lot of this in the EU, remember the cases in Germany
where they can give criminals new lives deleting data about their
crime etc....

The fear I'd have would be how many more would follow and copy enforce
this activity?

Best

Foo

    governance at lists.igcaucus.org