[governance] "Oversight"

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Wed Jun 13 02:04:30 EDT 2012

David,

thanks for the additional explanation. I'm sorry not to reply to Milton's misunderstanding directly - his email hasn't yet made it into my inbox.

Where I beg to differ is in your last sentence. I think we've built - or are building - a significant foundation to start a partial sharing of those aspects you mention. It is a slow, stepwise project with long-term, uncertain goals, just like real life, right?; still preferable to the alternatives so far.

To Mike Gurstein: I'll come back with some more detail about the parallels and non-parallels to the Open Government Partnership. Could you help us in one sense? have you explored what decisions are made by the OGP that impinge on any given country's resources in a binding way, by obligations that are binding to the government or to other stakeholders?

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

! !! !!! !!!!
NEW PHONE NUMBER - NUEVO NÚMERO DE TELÉFONO

+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO

SMS +525541444475
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM, Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org