AW: [governance] "Oversight"

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Sat Jun 9 14:18:58 EDT 2012

John:
"Oversight role" could easily refer to #1 or #2, but there is nothing in theory that precludes another country from also signing an Affirmation of Commitments with ICANN and participating in the required reviews.

Wolfgang:
I proposed on this list in an earlier mail to discuss more in detail  how the (decentralized) AoC Review process can be further improved. The multistakeholder AoC Review mechanism is - in my eyes - a de facto an ICANN oversight mechanism and it makes sense to look into the details how the process (in particular with the next round on A&T) can be further enhanced.