[governance] Our internet is at risk

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Jun 6 11:05:37 EDT 2012

At 04:53 06/06/2012, Robert Guerra wrote:
>+1
>
>On 2012-06-05, at 10:37 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
>
>>On 5 Jun 2012, at 22:19, Louis Pouzin (well) wrote:
>>>As this thread is loaded with complaints about ITU and WCIT
>>>I just hoped to bring attention on an ITU initiative for more transparency.
>>
>>I sometimes wonder how much further the ITU would have gotten with
>>its various quests for relevance if it had transformed itself in
>>the image of WSIS and the Tunis Agenda and made genuine strides
>>toward multistakeholder participation during the last 7 years.
>>A missed opportunity I think.

In june 2003 I formalized the "I-Sector" concept with ITU peoples,
and decided to give it a try under the form of the
http://web.archive.org/web/20030805161644/http://i-sector.org/. I
resumed the site as http://i-sector.info if this may be of use to
anyone. A few top people adhered to the prep-team, but there was
no-interest on the Internet side everyone wanting to influence the
icannatlarge.org I had also taken over, which lead to the ICANN
Atlarge fantasy.

When ICANN has settled for a more adequate less hubristic strategy,
there alsways is the Atlarge Association we registered in Versailles
and atlarge.org to welcome the  Digisphere atlarge users.
jfc