[governance] "Oversight"

Todd Glassey tglassey at certichron.com
Mon Jun 4 12:35:19 EDT 2012

On 6/4/2012 8:32 AM, Avri Doria wrote:

> On 4 Jun 2012, at 11:08, Andrea Glorioso wrote:
>
>> On Monday, June 4, 2012, John Curran<jcurran at istaff.org>  wrote:
>>
>>> Indeed, ICANN can remove entire top-level-domains (such as a ccTLD)
>>> That is going to be the case for some entity no matter how you set up
>>> Internet governance in this area.

not under international IP publication treaty it can't. Removing
anything from publication like this may have significant legal impact
including in places like France where guaranteed access to the internet
is actually "a guaranteed access to internet-published content" law in
reality.

> Or indeed an entire gTLD especially as the new lot come on line over the next 3 years.

Again - ICANN and the entire community is tied to these IP publication
issues I think that need to be factored into this thinking.

Todd

>> What if the authority to take such decision was shared among different entities?
>
> As long as it was a multistakeholder group, without governmental priority, I wouldn't object.
>

> avri
>

>> Best,
>>
>> Andrea
>>
>> --
>>
>> --
>> I speak only for myself. Sometimes I do not even agree with myself. Keep it in mind.
>> Twitter: @andreaglorioso
>> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrea.glorioso
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=1749288&trk=tab_pro
>>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

Todd S. Glassey - CISM CIFI
CTO Certichron Inc

This message contains information which may be confidential and/or
privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the intended recipient), you may not read, use, copy or
disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s)
thereto without retaining any copies.

Further we have a formal OPT OUT Policy posted on our website pertaining
to the use of any Email Addresses gleaned or taken from any source, web,
mailing lists, previous customer lists etc. In all instances we choose
to formally OPT OUT and this notice constitutes formal disclosure that
you may not collect, buy or sell or provide access to this email address
or any pertaining to our DNS MX Record Publication License posted on the
web at http://www-wp.certichron.com/?page_id=3947.