[governance] "Oversight"

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 10:18:56 EDT 2012

lots of things to chew on here, but I will just choose this one
gristly example for now:

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Fouad Bajwa <fouadbajwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Diplomacy has its twists and turns.
>
> It takes one judicial order to get ICANN to shut down any website

Seriously? After all of the "capacity building" you have been thru on
IG?  And you hold yourself out as an
"expert" on IG and still spout this mythical nonsense??

ICANN is several layers removed from the DNS entries of "any website",
nor do they have
any power to shut down any hosts (besides their own hosts of course).

, be
> it american or from some other country. Ask NTIA about it and we will
> get a lame response totally out of scope from the question. No, no one
> outside the US boders has any kind of control over their critical
> internet resources.

more nonsensical myth spewing. :-/

--
Cheers,