[governance] U.N. takeover of the Internet must be stopped, U.S. warns

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Fri Jun 1 11:54:35 EDT 2012

+ 1 re Bill's suggestion.

Lee
________________________________
From: governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org [governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org] on behalf of William Drake [william.drake at uzh.ch]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 11:07 AM
To: governance at lists.igcaucus.org
Subject: Re: [governance] U.N. takeover of the Internet must be stopped, U.S. warns

On Jun 1, 2012, at 2:47 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

I personally beleive, and have believed for a long time, that it should have a host country agreement with an appropriate host country.

Me too, and we are waiting patiently here in Geneva.   But on the off chance that proves a tough sell in certain quarters, how about something more incremental: independent of the USG, with a host country agreement, in the US?  There's a few international organizations there that have these already…

Bill