[governance] Google & new gTLDs

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Jun 1 11:02:23 EDT 2012

Hi,

In US terms that makes them Job Creators. 50 new gTLDS means lots of jobs.  Where do i apply?

On the 'serious' side.  is lol - laugh out load or lots of love or ...
Is it a community of laugher or lovers?

And I can't wait to see the comment and objection material on .docs

One thing pleases me. Once Vint told me, while at a project meeting dinner for some research I was doing and he was advising, that he never would support new ICANN gTLDs.  I am so glad that he came around on that topic.  50 of them - for those of us who have long advocated 'let a thousand flower bloom,'  the current set of supposed applications doubles the fondest dream.

June 13 we can see all the newly applied for names.  I bet there are going to be lots of interesting stories.
So is the IGC going to gear itself up to comment, and maybe even object to any of the new names if the caucus is sufficiently outraged?

avri