[governance] The Nominating Committee's Appeals Team Selection Report

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Tue Jul 24 16:07:28 EDT 2012

Thank you to Thomas and all of the Nomcom team. I am honoured to have been
given the opportunity to serve on the Appeals Team with an excellent group
of IGC members.

Ian Peter

From: Thomas Lowenhaupt <toml at communisphere.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:31:00 -0400
To: governance list IG Caucus <governance at lists.igcaucus.org>
Cc: Asif Kabani <kabani.asif at gmail.com>, Hakikur Rahman <email at hakik.org>,
Naveed haq <naveedpta at hotmail.com>, Shahid Akbar <shahid.akbar at biid.org.bd>,
Wilson Abigaba <abigabaw at gmail.com>, Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au>
Subject: [governance] The Nominating Committee's Appeals Team  Selection
Report

   Fellow Member of the Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus,

 The Appeals Team Nominating Committee is delighted to announce that the
selection process for the Appeals Team has been successfully completed with
the following 5 nominees receiving a majority vote from the NomCom members:

* Ginger Paque
* Ian Peter
* Roland Perry
* Shaila Rao Mistry
* Deirdre Williams
 The NomCom effort began in May and included several outreach emails to the
IGC list detailing the need and process for selecting an Appeals Team. As a
result of this outreach effort the NomCom received 11 nominees. The
Committee them confirmed with the nominees their willingness to serve. All
responded positively. The 11 nominees confirming their willingness to serve
were:

* Ginger Paque
* Gurumurthy Kasinathan
* Ian Peter
* Imran Ahmed Shah
* Judy Okite
* Michael Gurstein
* Raquel Gatto
* Roland Perry
* Shaila Rao Mistry
* Vincent Solomon Aliama
* Deirdre Williams
 The NomCom would like to thank the nominees for stepping forward and
enabling a robust review process.

 We also offer our thanks to Jeremy Malcolm who, having served as chair of a
previous NomCom, stood by ready to provide any needed support to this
committee.

 And we especially wish the 5 selected for the Appeals Team wisdom should
their judgement be required during the term of service.

 Sincerely,

  The Appeals Team Nominating Committee,

 Asif Kabani
 Hakikur Rahman