[governance] Aspen

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sun Jul 22 08:38:10 EDT 2012

On Jul 20, 2012, at 3:23 PM, Norbert Bollow wrote:

>> https://techpolicyinstitute.org/aspen2012/agenda
>
> Hmm somehow the point should be made that a government which
> attends one-sided events like this with a strong overemphasis on
> industry perspectives is doing something wrong.

Norbert -

  Could you elaborate some on your point above?  I am sure that
  there are countless one-sided meetings and conferences that
  go on everyday (and very little that can be done to prevent
  that without impact to the cherished principle of freedom of
  association)

  Isn't the defense against such influences to government and the
  Internet found in: 1) Having processes for Internet governance
  that are open, transparent, and inclusive, and 2) Minimizing
  the unilateral role of any one government in setting Internet
  policy?

/John

Disclaimer:  My thoughts alone.  Additional thoughts may be required
if attempting to create a Standard Model on this topic.