[governance] Landmark decision by ITU Council on proposal for public consultation and open access

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Sun Jul 15 19:25:47 EDT 2012

On 15 Jul 2012, at 15:09, Roland Perry wrote:

> In message <74B3537B-E3D1-46F6-9A70-18DEF6454BF6 at ella.com>, at 12:40:22 on Sun, 15 Jul 2012, Avri Doria <avri at ella.com> writes
>>> You attach yourself to your national delegation. If you haven't got
>>> a relationship with them yet, time is running out to start building one.
>>
>> Been trying for years.  The US delegation does not want to hear from
>> the likes of me
>
> They didn't seem to mind talking to me. (Nor did the UK and several others). That's what I do - talk to people, whoever they are.

I guess i am jealous.
must be nice to have people talk to you.

>> they don't even let me on the mailing list.
>
> Which mailing list is that?

no, i was talking about the US International Telecommunication Advisory (ITAC)  mailing list.  and while I find the whole issue of US participation in ITU extremely opaque, I had gotten the impression this list was one of the vehicles for contributing.  Course I may have been wrong.

Anyway when they kicked everyone off for spring cleaning (re-registering last year) they never let me back on.

>  wouldn't expect to be given a TIES account lightly.

Of course not.  Had one of those once when I worked at ETRI as a researcher in ROK.  but it eventually got cancelled and that I never figured to apply for again since I was no longer at ETRI.

avri