[governance] Follow-up on principles, pre-event, ECTF, WG: need for focus by IGC

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Tue Jul 3 03:08:20 EDT 2012

Wolfgang,

not that the WK/DC IRP/CoE declaration is without problems, right? Like, it would insert Internet governance straight into discussions on "right to life" with its numerous controversial connotations, and leaves unanswered a key question:

Can you codify "permanent beta"?

The more lots of us work on Internet principles, the more it becomes clear to me that we can only address... Internet principles. Human rights are still Layer 8. We must design, plan, build and operate the Internet respecting and even enhancing human rights as much as we can, but must continue to understand that the tools we use for human conduct - laws, regulations, norms, etiquette, what have you: governance - still has to be addressed in layers above the operation of the net.

The layer violations some of the declarations imply cannot be sustained.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

! !! !!! !!!!
NEW PHONE NUMBER - NUEVO NÚMERO DE TELÉFONO

+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO

SMS +525541444475
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM, Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org