[governance] Caution on Twitter urged as tourists barred from US

Aldo Matteucci aldo.matteucci at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 14:25:59 EST 2012

Dear all,

this brings up my further worry in connection with"freedom of speech".
It is not just bad enough that governments are establishing
"good-citizenship ratings"
but that we'll never have access to the algorythms they use to come to
conclusions.
These algorythms are not accessible under The Bill of Rights - to my
knowledge
nor would I be albe to understand them,
and I suspect the HS's own experts don't understand them as they grow
complex.
A machine is in charge, mindless, all powerful.

HS is supposed to "connect the dots"
in this particular case there were no dots to connect - it was one sole,
solitary utterance, picked up in communication space,
probably uttered outside the US territory
and used to deny entry (without due process - you sign those away as you
fill in the grren slip on the airplane).

Stupidity is infinite

Aldfo

On 31 January 2012 19:59, Kerry Brown <kerry at kdbsystems.com> wrote:

> We'll have to disagree on this. I don't think monitoring public
> communications has any place in a free society. I know it happens. That
> doesn't mean I have to agree with or approve of it. It is too easily abused
> and it is too easily misinterpreted.
>
> Kerry Brown

Aldo Matteucci
65, Pourtalèsstr.