[governance] IGC and IGF Open Consultations + MAG Meetings

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Jan 24 13:10:24 EST 2012

at 22:41:48 on Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Fouad Bajwa <fouadbajwa at gmail.com>
writes
>- Any specific suggestions for IGC MAG members for the Feb 2012
>meeting only as the future meetings will have a renewed MAG?

Perhaps you (or some of those here present who were at the
CSTD-IGF-Renewal meeting recently) can help us with some background
information.

The MAG is there to advise the Sec Gen's Special Adviser. Do we know who
Nitin's replacement is going to be and when he'll start in post (or is
this all on hold until the CSTD renewal review finishes)?

Does the current MAG have any role in advising the Sec Gen directly,
about who might be appropriate to be appointed/rotated to MAG-2012?

Presumably the MAG meeting in February will be chaired by someone, do we
know who? Is it likely to be a representative of the 2012 hosts.
--
Roland Perry