[governance] Message from the Coordinators

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:33:58 EST 2012

Dear List,

Warm Greetings to you! [?][?][?] We trust that you are all in excellent health
and good spirits. The transition from 2011 into the new year has certainly
one not without drama.

*Mailing List*
In 2011, you will recall there was a discussion on the list to move the
list. There were also discussions on how this was going to be done. As you
can see from Jeremy's email, the new list is now fully operational.

Old Email for the list: governance at lists.cpsr.org
New Email for the list:* governance at lists.igcaucus.org*
*
*
There is still the odd email going to the old list and we will keep
notifying those emailing the list that it has since moved to the new one.

There are a few people and organisations that we would like to thank for
sacrificing their time, resources and energy into enabling our existence as
a list:-

   - William Drake who during his Presidency of the CPSR enabled access for
   this list;
   - Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility - CPSR for hosting us;
   - Avri Doria for her resources and as a generous benefactor;
   - All the past Coordinators from when the list first started (*Jeremy
   Malcolm, Ginger Paque, Ian Peter, Vittoria Bertola, Avri Doria, Jeanette
   Hoffman, Adam Peake, YJ Park, Parminder Singh and Wolfgang Kleinwachter*
   );
   - APC  (Anriette Esterhuysen and her Team).

We  would also like to thank Dr Jeremy Malcolm for the mammoth effort and
skill deployed in migrating our list. We also would like to thank each and
every person who has contributed in some way, shape of form. Thank you for
your passion, level of collaboration, expertise and collective desire  and
your commitment.

 If we have missed anyone, it is completely unintentional but please accept
this is our acknowledgment and gratitude.[?][?][?]

 Izumi as you know has taken the liberty of providing the initial
capital to enable the new hosting and members of the list can contribute by
way of donations to the hosting via paypal on the http://www.igcaucus.org/.

*Welcome New Members*
We would also like to take this time to warmly welcome new members of the
List.[?][?][?] We trust that you will find the list resourceful and
interactive and robust. We welcome any discussions related to internet
governance and invite you to add to the rich fragrant flavour that can only
come when you add your perspectives. The diversity of the perspectives is
what will continue to make the discussions exciting.

*Calendar 2012*
Aside from mapping the Internet Governance and related events in 2012, we
would like to bring greater visibility to the various regions and to
highlight their issues. We are also aware that new Regional IGFs like the
Arab IGF will be created this year and we welcome these exciting
developments.

We look forward to a dynamic year full of interactions and energy.

With our best regards,

Izumi Aizu and Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro