[governance] Jan 18 : website strike against censorship - can our sitesjoin ?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Jan 15 13:07:24 EST 2012

Hi,

As I see this advertised more and more, I find I really have mixed feeling about it.

In one sense, like all strikes it says , see how much you will miss us if the SOPA/PIPA/New Delhi/../China inspired . censorships moves continue.
And that i very much support.

But who is going to miss them during the strike?

a. The people who appreciate freedoms of expression - no badly how distorted they are now by moneyed and other powered influences - and beleive this would make it much worse, crowd; or

b. The people who want to shut things down for one reason or another will breath a sigh of relief, show that the world did not end and feel inspired that: yes, they are doing the eight thing.

As for Michael's question related to the IGC  site, I would not object either way.

avri

     governance at lists.cpsr.org