[governance] ICANN and Applicant Support for applicant from developing economies in the new gTLD program

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 09:26:38 EST 2012

Dear Friends,

Loser of the Financial Support will also his all the money:
The important point to discuss is "Those who do not meet the criteria
threshold will be disqualified from the new gTLD process altogether and lose
their $47K fee". In order to fulfill the support criteria through a support
process in a short time may become very risky for the prospective applicant
(individuals or organizations). He/They also have to provide evidence
documents that he/they demanded funds from other NGO's or local government
but they refused. The candidate will have to provide evidence that the
initial funds of US$47K are the maximum funds he/they can afford, and there
is no more funds are available with him/them. If the statement of
candidate/applicant for support is true but refuses due to any reason or
point scores, he will be disqualified and ICANN will retain his initial and
total funds of US$47K. Where he will go, where he stands?

This policy will reduce the option of public & community participation from
the developing economies automatically and especially for those who would
need support for IDN framework development to incorporate local languages on
the Internet Domain System.

Regards

Imran Ahmad Shah

Support