[governance] Human Rights and the Internet [Final Call for Consensus]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:29:50 EST 2012

Dear All,

A Call for Volunteers to initiate a draft statement was made and Paul Lehto
responded. The first draft was put to the IGC through email and the
Statement Workspace for comments and contributions. We thank Paul and all
those that contributed.

The intention was to finalise our position to enable us to release a
Statement by the 29th February, 2012 as the United Nations Human Rights
Council is set to convene.

Whilst we have missed the 13th February, 2012 deadline for Submissions,
they can still factor in our Statement in the Panel Papers so it is
important that we get this out post haste. I am mindful that at the time I
write this email, it is  *Tuesday, 28 February 2012, 19:20:54* *CET*

You can read the edited Statement on "Human Rights and the Internet" via
the Statement Workspace which is
http://www.igcaucus.org/digressit/archives/56

May we have your views whether you agree for this Statement to be released
to the UN Human Rights Council on Wednesday 29 February, 2012?

Please vote:-

   1. Yes
   2. No
   3. Unsure;